Monday, November 10, 2008

And So The Injuries Will Begin

Nothing major, thankfully, but Asher has had a sudden onset of boo-boos over the past few days. He fell over on his face at Marmie's on Friday, which apparently resulted in a bloody mouth. We never did figure out if it was his lip, cheek, or tongue that was hurt, but whatever it was, it must not have been too bad since he never complained about it after the fact. Sunday began with a bang when Asher was in the process of waking Daddy up in bed and decided to plunge head-first off the side of the bed onto the floor. The little booger darted so quickly that I had no chance to do anything but yelp out and grasp at the air. The acrobatics seemed to startle him (duh) and probably hurt his noggin a little, but he appeared to be fine after a minute. I, on the other hand, got to experience my first heart attack. Later in the day, while playing, he trapped himself between my nightstand and the bed, and managed to clobber his eye on the corner of the table. If you look at the picture above carefully, you can see the area around his left eye is a little red. We were concerned he would get a full-fledged black eye, and that we would have to spend the next few days darting judgmental glares from people out in public, but, luckily, it never came to that.

Nothing major, as I said, but the point is, it's beginning. A whole new set of worries. A different kind of worries. He's not even walking, yet, but he's into everything. EVERYTHING...Not to mention, he's a little daredevil and doesn't seem to be afraid of a darn thing. And it's up to us to keep up with him and protect him from himself. Like a couple of weeks ago when Asher found a piece of iron somewhere in the house and had it stashed away in his mouth. Thank God Stephen noticed the cat-with-a-bird-in-its-mouth look on his face. We have no clue what the iron was from, let alone where he found it. But he did. And he tried to eat it.

Laurie said it best a few days ago, something to the effect of: Don't worry, Kim, I'm sure after the first ER trip the rest will be a breeze. Very comforting, thanks.

4 comments:

The Daily Squink 11/11/2008 8:39 AM  

Don't forget what my doctor said – your baby can have up to 9 bruises without the authorities becoming suspicious. So if anyone gives you a dirty look at the store, say "We've still got 8 bruises left to go, so lay off!"

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/11/2008 9:21 AM  

The difference between boys and girls could not be more different can they! I've said it a million times, I think God makes boys harder when they are babies and girls harder when they are teenagers. I'm sure I'll have many bruises on my heart when Sloan tells me she hates me! I'm sure this won't be your last post regarding Asher's adventures!

Marmie 11/11/2008 5:07 PM  

We took Angela and Adam to the ER but I don't remember taking the 2 little boys, ever. Angela had stitches over her eye and Adam had stitches on his foot. I had to go in by myself, to hold their hand, while Joe waited outside. He's such a wimp when it comes to the kids, but he'll turn around and operate on himself!

Dawn 11/11/2008 9:27 PM  

Oh, just wait until he starts walking and runs into everything. Emerson's new thing is to run into the kitchen table because she has grown and no longer fits under it easily! It's always something!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP