Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The End of Fall Already?

Okay, so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit, considering the fact that Winter technically begins at the end of December. But, in my mind, once the leaves have fallen from the trees, once the temperatures plummet below fifty degrees for good for the season, once Thanksgiving has passed and the stores begin to play Christmas music, Winter has arrived.

Well, the leaves have begun to fall. In fact, all of the trees in the parking lot of my office building are bare already. The temperatures have been stellar (in the 60s & 70s) for almost a week now, but they're supposed to drop to the 40s & 50s in the next couple of days. I hadn't realized until this evening while talking to Stephen that Thanksgiving is just in a few short weeks. Tonight, I also gathered up all of Asher's Halloween apparel to be packed away and it occurred to me that it's just about time to start getting out his Christmas attire.

Yep, Winter is just around the corner.

I love the Christmas season, don't get me wrong - it's my favorite time of year - but, good grief, where has this year gone? Shouldn't it just now be about mid-July? Not to mention, I'm not quite ready to whip out my winter coat. And, Asher doesn't even have a winter coat, yet; just a winter jacket, but no toasty coat or snow suit or boots. And then there's Christmas shopping! And birthday shopping! What was I thinking, having Asher a WEEK after Christmas?! I'm so unprepared.

Oh, and thank you so much, end of Daylight Savings Time. In the morning, I go to work thinking it's the beginning of August because it's so bright out, but in the evening it feels like January, it gets so dark so early. Like my mind needed any more screwing with.

4 comments:

The Daily Squink 11/06/2008 12:04 PM  

It looks like Asher is doing a good job of keeping his pumpkin hat on!

Also, you do have a snowsuit and winter coat - they're just waiting in a bag a Mom and Dad's! I hope he gets more use out of them than Rowan did. I think he wore them twice last winter...

Marmie 11/06/2008 5:29 PM  

He is the sweetest baby!!

Kim 11/06/2008 9:23 PM  

Yay! We love Rowan's hand-me-downs!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/08/2008 2:56 PM  

I think "Sloan" needs a new woman's size L North Face Jacket, any takers??? "Sloan" would love that!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP