Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mommy's First Day Alone. Sort of.

It's 5:30 p.m. and I haven't seen Little Asher Bug since 8:00 this morning when I left for work. Call Dr. Drew, because I think I'm starting to go through detox.

I went back to work a month ago, but have been coming home during my lunch breaks every day to give the breast pump a workout. Because Stephen has been staying home with the baby, I'm lucky and get to visit with them during these breaks. Today, however, was another story.

My men left me.

For my mother-in-law.

Okay, so they went down to Stephen's parents' house to assist with their neighborhood's annual garage sale. I hear we made a killing so far (it lasts two more days), and I'm sure a lot of that was due to Asher's sweet baby luring skills. I also heard that Asher was a perfect gentleman and didn't cause too much of a commotion for the customers. Perhaps there will be a career in business or sales in his future? I hear being the Wal-Mart greeter is a pretty sweet gig.

Anyway, I haven't seen Asher in almost 10 whole hours. This is the longest I've been away from my baby in...well, a year, I guess, if you want to count my pregnancy. As I'm sitting here, it's totally silent (except for the sounds of the damn cats getting into the potted tree) and peaceful, just like it was during my lunch break. I don't know what to do with myself! I could do some cleaning or take a nap or even just change my clothes, but I'm not sure if I remember how to do any of that without interruption.

Asher, hurry home, sweetie pie. It's just too quiet and calm here without you.

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 5/02/2008 7:23 AM  

Can you hair get any longer sexy??? Oh, and Asher bug is looking a lot like you these days...you know sexy!

The Daily Squink 5/02/2008 11:17 AM  

What a funny toofless grin he has! You were so lucky to have some time all by yourself in the house. I'm not sure I remember what that's like!

Marmie 5/03/2008 6:17 PM  

We loved having him here with us and Stephen, too, of course.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP