Monday, April 21, 2008

A Very Pleasant Baby

I'm sure my posting this will jinx everything, but I'm going to shout it from the rooftops anyway.

My baby's happy!!!

I don't know if it's because we're now putting cereal in all his bottles and his appetite is more satisfied, his age, or maybe it's because he's just realized we're such wonderful people to be around. Whatever the reason, Asher has been, for the most part, a joy to be around lately. And, even better, he's been a doll around other people, too. His Marmie and Grandfather came over on Friday afternoon to babysit and from what I hear he was as good as can be. On Saturday, his Nee Nee and Pa Pa came over to visit and, again, he was all smiles. Both grandmothers, in fact, had difficulty getting him to drink his bottle because he was too busy smiling at them to drink it. WTF?!

What's best about his sudden constant pleasant disposition? It seems to be contagious: our disposition has become more pleasant, too. I haven't felt like flushing him - or Stephen - down the toilet once all week. This makes me feel like a good person. I can't remember the last time I felt this sane...I think it was just over a year ago before I became pregnant. And, of course, a happy baby makes me forget about all the stressful times there have been. I even found myself telling Stephen the other night that I want "a bunch more" babies. Yikes.

Now that I've said all that, be sure to stay tuned for my next blog posting about how Asher has suddenly turned into a little monster...

4 comments:

Dawn 4/22/2008 8:55 AM  

I think you are in the safe zone...he will continue to get happier and happier. Emerson now only gets cranky when she's tired and her new tooth isn't hurting her.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 4/22/2008 3:08 PM  

Why do I feel the need to give that tummy rasberries?? (:

Anonymous,  4/23/2008 8:35 AM  

Babies are NEVER cranky, only the parents are. LOL....He's soooo cute, ooopps handsome.

DeLisa

The Daily Squink 4/23/2008 4:00 PM  

Yay you made it to the turning point. Beware, this is when the "hey let's have another" hits. But you'll get over that when the teething starts.

I think they are happier now that they can make more sense of their surroundings.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP