Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Dawning of Mobility

Apparently, all of Asher's wiggleworm maneuvers he's been practicing are beginning to pay off.

He's starting to move. On his own. Just today, in fact.

The above photo shows what I walked in on when I went to check on him after I'd put him down for a nap. Two little tootsies, dangling off his bed in between the crib rails. Being the cruel mother you know me to be, you probably think I put him to bed this way. Ha ha, little baby! Try to get out of this one and don't even think about breaking your legs in the process! I promise, I didn't. Not this time, at least. And the second photo was taken upon my entering the room after being gone for maybe five minutes to tend to some laundry while Asher was playing in his activity gym. When I left the room? He was lying on the center of the mat. The little turd managed to wiggle and squirm his way almost completely off the mat.

But that's only proof of two instances today. There were more! He almost wiggled out of his buzzy seat several times and almost squirmed right out of his stroller. Of course, if I were a good mother I would have strapped him into these things, but you know I like to give my baby a little sense of adventure in his life. So now, I guess I ought to start strapping him into his buzzy seat, stroller, and swing, and probably shouldn't leave him unattended on his changing table, either. That is, unless I really want the CPS called on me.

4 comments:

Dawn 5/04/2008 4:19 PM  

The fun is just beginning. It won't be long and you won't be able to leave the room because he will be into everything.

The Daily Squink 5/04/2008 5:46 PM  

Hee hee! That's pretty cute! Is he rolling over? Or just scootching around?

Kim 5/04/2008 10:54 PM  

No rolling over, yet, just scootching. I'm sure the rolling over will happen any day now, though!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP