Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hospital Blues and Baby News

It's been *gasp* an entire week since I last posted anything. I'm going through some serious withdrawal.

Angie's dad has been at St. Vincent Hospital in Indy since Sunday. He's doing better in some respects, but is pretty much overall not the best. I can't really go into specifics as to what's wrong with him, because to tell you the truth, it's all a little over my head. A very poor Cliff Notes version is that his platelet count is ridiculously low (Ang said it's supposed to be around 150, and his has been fluctuating between 5 and 16), which means his blood isn't clotting. They speculate that his spleen is hyperactive and that it needs to come out, but they can't remove it until his platelet count is up to where it should be because, you know, you don't want to operate on someone whose blood isn't clotting (like, duh), but yet his platelet count continues to be low because of his spleen....a vicious cycle. But, they're starting him on new medications, so hopefully something will work for him very soon. Anyway, Angie is staying with us for the time being and has been spending her days and much of her evenings at the hospital with him. We've gone to see him the past three nights, and it seems like he's getting better, at least in the respect that his spirits are up and he's looking better each time we see him. So, when you all say your bedtime prayers like the good little God-fearing people you all are, please include the Sellers family in them.

On a happy note, it appears to be the beginning of baby season. Stephen's cousin, Jordan, and her husband, Brian, welcomed their first child, a healthy baby girl, Tatum (Tate) Elizabeth, into their lives on March 3. Stephen's mom forwarded to me the link to their photographer's website this evening, which is where I pulled these photos. All of the pictures were absolutely beautiful and, let me tell you, seeing them definitely has caused my baby itch to flare up worse than ever. Now that Jordan has kicked off the season, our families have several other babies to look forward to this year, including: my cousin, Kelly, is due with her third child any day now; Stephen's sister is due in a month to have her first baby; Stephen's cousin, Cassie, is due in September (I think) with her first child. On top of that, I also have a couple of expectant friends, you know, just to make postively certain that I feel like the only woman not pregnant in the world. But anyway, before I start sounding bitter and you know I will because I'm so good at it, congratulations to Jordan and Brian on such a precious baby girl! We truly couldn't be happier for you both.

4 comments:

The Daily Squink 3/23/2007 6:23 PM  

There you are, Neener! Jeff and I have been worried about you and wondering why there haven't been any new posts.

I really liked that photo of the Schneiders, too. When I first saw Tate's photo, I thought she looked exactly like Jordan. But now that I look at her, her hair is exactly like her dad's!

Good luck to Angie's dad – it sounds like he has a hard road to hoe with his illness...

The Daily Squink 3/23/2007 6:23 PM  

Ooops, it should be "ROW to hoe" not "road"! Duh.

The Daily Squink 3/23/2007 6:26 PM  

And the other saying that I was thinking of was was "a hard road ahead". Hence a hard road to hoe!

See, that saying I made up totally makes sense now.

Unknown 3/26/2007 1:43 AM  

You are too funny, Ang!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP