Friday, December 10, 2010

Cat Puke & Glitter

I love decorating for Christmas. The tree, the lights, the sparkly ornaments - nothing makes me feel more festive and all around warm and fuzzy. However, there is a pretty big downside to having the decorations out - THE CLEANUP. No, I'm not talking about after Christmas when it's time to put everything away (although that isn't on my list of favorite tasks to perform, either). I'm talking about the little tree needles that I'm still vacuuming up in mid-July - and we don't even get real trees! The decorations that I have to continuously put back in proper order - see Exhibit A, the picture I took of the nativity scene in which Asher has gathered everyone EXCEPT the lonely baby Jesus (back in the barn) outside for a gathering. (It also appears that the angel has had a little too much eggnog and is passed out on the ground.) We have an infinite amount of kitty tree needle throw-up. Then there's unique instances of cleanup that you wouldn't even think of - like Exhibit B, where Asher managed to get glitter not only all over his hands, but also all over his mouth like a sparkly goatee. I still haven't figured out what he was doing with the ornaments to get so much glitter on his mouth, but maybe it's best I don't know.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B

Come to think of it, maybe I won't be so upset when it's time to do the big cleanup of putting everything away for the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  12/10/2010 7:34 PM  

Asher, buddy, that glitter may make you feel awwwesome now (as can be seen in this picture), but whew, when you crash later, you'll be sorry. Just say no to glitter.

Marmie 12/10/2010 8:47 PM  

Kitty's eating greenery and glitter mouth. Kitties and babies--is there really any difference?

The Daily Squink 12/14/2010 5:54 PM  

HAHAHA! That is super funny. Really. What WAS he doing?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP