Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like THREE

Not only have I been terrible about blogging, but I've been even more terrible about posting updates about Asher. You know, my firstborn - the one who, just over a year ago, had constant coverage on here. Then I went and got pregnant and basically fell off the face of the earth, taking Asher with me.

In just a couple of months, he'll be turning three. The first couple of years, I couldn't grasp how much he was growing and how quickly. Now, I'm reaching the point where it feels like he's been in my life forever and I'm thinking, three? Is that it? Seems like he's been around a lot longer than three short years...

I've heard from many that age three is worse than age two, and I'm starting to see where people might think that as we approach that age. We really didn't experience the "terrible two's" with Asher; for the most part, he's been a little sweetheart. Lately, however, my little sweetheart has been more stubborn, more loud, more rambunctious, more moody, less cuddly, more demanding and particular, and has been spending increasing amounts of time perfecting his sweet temper tantrum throwing skills.

Some of his outbursts are pretty funny and cute. Like, when he can't quite figure out how to tell me to leave him alone when I'm annoying him and points at me and tells me, "GO LOOK AT CARS, MOMMY!" Or, "I told you to BE QUIET!" Or, "I can't do that, Mommy - I BUSY!"

Some of his outbursts are downright frustrating and make me want to throw myself out a window. Like, when he refuses to brush his teeth many nights. What should take less than five minutes ends up taking fifteen to twenty. Or when he begs for something, you give it to him, and then you get, "NO, NOT THOMAS! WANT REGULAR THOMAS!" Or "regular" noodles, or "regular" juice, or "regular" yogurt...Not to mention, what he deems as "regular" seems to change on a daily basis. I had absolutely no clue that one of the requirements of being a parent was having the ability to read minds.

I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy road to independence, which is to be expected. I just hope there will be more stories to tell of good than of bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  11/12/2010 7:20 AM  

Well, even if he's being a turd, he sure is cute!!

The Daily Squink 11/12/2010 5:50 PM  

Hahaha, he's a cute turd!

What's with these kids and their VERY SPECIFIC wants and needs? It's annoying!

The Daily Squink 11/12/2010 9:32 PM  

(I meant, it's annoying when MY kid does it. It's cute when your kid does it!)

Kim 11/12/2010 11:20 PM  

Asher had to have corn tonight for dinner. NO, not corn made from home. Corn from Boston Market. And then he was upset that we were taking it home for him to eat it and not eating inside the restaurant.

Oh, it's plenty annoying when my kid does it!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP