Sunday, August 08, 2010

Bumbo Baby

Mr. Henry Pickles sure is growing up fast. My mom told me the second child seems to grow up faster, partly because he'll try to keep up with his older brother, and partly because I'll be so busy with two kids that I won't dwell on his growth so much. I'm finding this to be an unfortunate truth. As much as I'd love to pay as much attention to Henry as I did to Asher when he was a baby, I simply can't. Our pediatrician said this: Having your first child is so special, but having your second is so much fun. We may not put Henry under the microscope like we did with Asher, but we also don't get as frustrated with him or worry so much about him, which I think makes him a happier baby. Because really, who wants to be stared at all day?

Anyway, I mentioned in my last post that we've started Henry on baby food. Another change he's going through is sitting up. This boy loves to sit up and see the craziness going on around him. Mom bought him a Bumbo seat last weekend so he could have an easier time doing this. He seems to enjoy it. And then, just like with every other baby contraption we have, he's screaming to get out of it within ten minutes. But hey - ten minutes is enough to make a quick blog post, right?

2 comments:

Marmie 8/08/2010 12:20 PM  

For a second, I thought Asher was trying to be a baby again.

The Daily Squink 8/09/2010 6:23 PM  

Oh shoot, I forgot to give you that Bumbo seat that we have? Why does he look so serious?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP