Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Old Rocker

This little red rocker may not look like much, but it has a lot of sentimental value. It was originally my grandfather's chair when he was little, then was my mom's, then mine, and now it's Asher's. It had been sitting in my garage for the past couple of years - I think since I was pregnant or since Asher was newly born - in dire need of some major TLC, as one of the runners was broken. Stephen finally took it to his dad, who is far more talented than Bob Villa, and in no time at all, he had it back in perfect working order. Is it any wonder I love my father-in-law so much??

Asher is so excited to have a little chair that's his size. This evening, he wanted to watch "Brown" - which is what he calls Charlie Brown, with whom he's developed a strange obsession since we first watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" this year - so we placed his chair in front of the TV, and there he sat for at least ten minutes without moving. (That's like two hours in toddler years.)

6 comments:

Dawn 1/08/2010 8:39 AM  

Wow...two pictures of Asher in one week...love it. The picture in the rocking chair is too freaking adorable!

Kim 1/08/2010 9:25 AM  

I'm trying hard to keep my NY resolution...let's see how long it lasts! :)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 1/09/2010 1:06 PM  

Love the pjs! I can't get over how big he is! So incredibly cute!

The Daily Squink 1/11/2010 7:30 AM  

That turned out great! I think I'll send my old rocker home with Dad so he can repair the arm again.

Also, when he gets done with your bookshelves, I'll have him start on ours. He's going to have a real business going there, making things for his children and grandchildren.

Marmie 1/12/2010 7:51 PM  

I think you call them bookcases. Just shelves would be useless with nothing to hold them up.

Marmie 1/13/2010 10:10 AM  

Those jammies look like a body sweater. Very cute and warm, I bet.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP