Monday, July 27, 2009

Let Me Completely Contradict Myself

Didn't I just make a post recently about my child being a brat? I have no idea what child I was thinking about, because mine is clearly the opposite of brat.

All of the tantrums and whining and fussing that Asher dished out over the past couple of weeks seems to have been replaced over the weekend with chattering, laughing, grins, funny faces, kisses, hugs, and hand-holding. I don't know what has happened, but I like it. I like it A LOT.

Today was a rough day - nothing major, just a long, tiresome Monday - but it's amazing how being greeted at the door when I came home from work by my child, with an ear-to-ear grin, who threw his arms around my legs and squealed in delight because I was home, just made it all better. All stress = GONE. It's so corny, but when Asher flashes me one of his smiles, my heart absolutely melts. Really - the kid makes my heart skip a beat when I just look at him.

I know the tantrums will be back all too soon. But I'm going to enjoy the sweetness while it lasts.

6 comments:

Unknown 7/28/2009 12:57 AM  

*knock on wood* I hope his good mood lasts through Wednesday.

I did mow the yard tonight. He didn't have to drive through the jungle for very long.

Dawn 7/28/2009 10:05 AM  

Cute car. Is it battery operated?

Marmie 7/28/2009 9:08 PM  

I could just stare at him all the time.

The Daily Squink 7/28/2009 9:42 PM  

Is that his new wagon? Fancy!

Kim 7/28/2009 9:50 PM  

Nope, his car isn't battery operated. He can either "drive" it by pushing it with his feet, or we can "drive" it by pushing it. This was one of his Christmas presents - the wagon we recently bought is just a regular wagon.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 7/28/2009 10:51 PM  

LOVE that smile! So sweet I want to take a bite!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP