Monday, June 08, 2009

40 Years Strong

I love my husband to pieces. I really, really do. We began dating our senior year of high school, dated all through college, married after six years of dating, and now have been married for seven years. As much as I'm still in love with him as I ever was, I can't imagine being married to him for forty years. Of course, I can't even imagine myself living for forty years! I guess the next ten years will prove if I can even handle that, let alone maintain my marriage vows.

Stephen's wonderful parents have successfully survived forty years of marriage, and who knows? I think they could survive forty more. If nothing else, I think they'd do it just to drive each other insane. Really, though, this is an amazing feat in this day when the divorce rate is taking over the lead from the rate of successful marriages - I'm really proud of them.

Our gift to them was to "loan" them our baby for a couple of nights this week. Asher will be spending tonight and Wednesday night with them. Nothing puts you in the mood quite like chasing around a toddler all day. Which is exactly the point, Maryann: maybe Joe will leave you alone tonight and you can get some rest!

Happy slightly belated anniversary to my favorite in-laws!

2 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 6/09/2009 11:54 AM  

Your in-laws like the gift of babies visiting? Hmmmmm...I've got some twins they can have towards the end of this year!! I hope they have fun with Asher Bug!

Marmie 6/09/2009 9:27 PM  

Fat chance, he never leaves me alone. Thank God, love is blind!!!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP