Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where Would We Be Without Mommies?


This was my second Mother's Day as a mom. We did nothing too crazy, just went to my mom's for the weekend, ate a lot of good food, did some serious napping - the usual stuff we do when we go home. I've got to say I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in my role as Mom than I was feeling last year; I definitely feel like a mom now, and although I can't say I've completely got my shit together, I feel like I'm handling the mess of life a lot better than I was a year ago. Motherhood still seemed pretty crazy and unknown last year. I've now gotten to know that craziness extremely well and have become best friends with it; in fact, I'm not sure how I ever functioned without it.

I have to give many thanks to my mom for the wonderful job she's always done in dealing with the chaos of motherhood. I could not have asked for a better mom, not only for myself, but for Asher, too. I feel like I'm doing a pretty darn good job so far of being a mom, and a huge reason for that is because my mother was such a good role model for me when I was growing up. She is still the first person I turn to for advice and reassurance with my own parenting - she always seems to have all the right answers and, no matter what, she always makes me feel 110% better. Always. I think that, right there, is a huge sign that you're an excellent mother - when even at thirty years old, your child still fully believes that you are one of the wisest people to have ever walked the planet. Of course, it could also just be a huge sign that you've done a perfect job of brainwashing your child, but at this point, does it really matter? Someone thinks you rock - that's all that counts!

Thanks to all the moms out there for all the hard work you do. Mothers really do make the world a better, brighter, and less scary place!

1 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 5/11/2009 12:25 PM  

Glad you had such a nice weekend! Asher is very lucky to have a great mommy and 2 great grandma's!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP