Saturday, May 02, 2009

Sixteen Months Old

For some reason, I'm having a really difficult time writing this post. I'm racking my brain for things to write about, things that Asher is busy doing, developmental progress he is making, ANYTHING...but I'm at a loss. Instead, I've just yawned at least twenty times in the last minute and a half. It's no wonder I can't think of a darn thing to write - I'm pooped! This is pretty much how I've been feeling lately, too...flat out exhausted. Part of it is my own fault - not getting as much sleep as I need and eating really poorly. But the other part of it? I'm blaming it on my son. Sometimes I sit back and am totally floored by all the energy that kid has, constantly sprinting from one room to the next, up the stairs, down the stairs, on the bed, off the bed. I am of the belief that our children suck the energy right out of us, just like they do our money and our sanity, and that is the real explanation behind parental poopedness.

Asher's comprehension continues to grow, which I think is just about the most thrilling thing in the whole entire universe. If he's in the mood, he can do the entire Itsy Bitsy Spider, and has learned to play Ring Around the Rosie. He tries to mock more and more words, nevermind that they are still completely off. If you ask him a question, he'll answer you. "Have you been a good boy today, Asher?" "Bah!" "What did you and Daddy do?" "Bwah bah!" "Was that fun?" "Bah! Da-da...Da-da...Da-da..."

Asher has also sprouted a new tooth! We're very happy that all the drooling and finger gnawing had a purpose, after all. Although, his teeth seem to be pretty pointless if he WON'T EAT HIS FOOD. I'm praying this is just normal, picky toddler behavior and not any true indication of his future diet. If he turns out to have his Daddy's taste in food, I'm pretty much screwed.

We're really excited that warmer weather is moving in so we can expand Asher's adventures to the outdoors. We've already played outside in the backyard on a few occasions, and have gone to the park several times. We're looking forward to getting his wading pool and sprinkler toys out, going to the zoo, teaching him to ride his pre-tricycle, going hiking, watching fireworks, attending PaPa's park band concerts, and hunting down some good fair food this summer. Yeah, I know we're only a month into Spring, but by the time I get the energy to do just one thing on the list, it'll be mid-August.

Here are pictures of Asher from the month of April.


3 comments:

Marmie 5/02/2009 8:36 PM  

Loved all the pics. Judy looks just like a kid that's why she can get away with playing like one.

Dawn 5/02/2009 10:15 PM  

Such cute pictures. Asher sure smiles a lot for the camera.

And I love lima beans too, so Asher can come have dinner with me! :)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 5/04/2009 4:33 PM  

Poor Asher, always looking like such an unhappy baby!! (: Love that sweet little smile! Also, Kim you look more and more like your momma everyday!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP