Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mr. Clingy

The sale of our house is a week from this Thursday. We aren't for certain the exact date we will be moving, but it's definitely going to be soon. Though I've been packing a box here and a box there for a few months now, there's still at least a bazillion boxes that need to be packed. To be on the safe side, I'm just assuming we'll need to be out by the date of the sale, which means I've been in super-hyper-packing mode this past week. At least the holidays are finally over so I can focus and have fewer things to worry about. And, at least it's the weekend, right? I can get some packing done; getting most of that out of the way would really ease some of my stress. Ah, but Asher, sweet little Asher...he always has different plans in mind. Play with toys? Oh no. He wants to be right under foot, grabbing onto my legs, pleading to be picked up. Or, he wants to play with the electrical cord, crawl up the stairs, throw his toys in the box I'm trying to pack, play in the Christmas tree - you know, anything that causes disruption. Nap? Oh no. It would take a good hour to get him settled down and sleeping, only for him to wake up 30 minutes later, still obviously exhausted and wanting to sleep, but for whatever reason WOULD NOT SLEEP IN HIS CRIB. The only thing that would calm him down was some Tylenol and Mommy spooning him on her bed. Which, I'll admit, I'm not opposed to a nice nap and some snuggle time with my baby, but this is not a good day for taking it easy. I don't know if he's teething, or if he's just not feeling well, or if he's just going through some separation anxiety that his doctor forewarned us he'd probably be going through right now. Whatever it is, he is quite the clingy little bug and he's making it very difficult to get things done. Thankfully, NeeNee and PaPa are coming down tomorrow to baby wrangle so we can focus on stuffing our lives in boxes.

Watch, once we're moved and settled in our new place, he won't want to have anything to do with us.

3 comments:

Marmie 1/11/2009 3:24 PM  

Well, now you know, poor little tyke was getting sick. I hope Judy can make him feel better!! Will he be coming on Monday, do you think?

Kim 1/11/2009 4:32 PM  

Mom didn't come down - I didn't want them to get sick. He seems to be feeling better and kept a little food down him an hour ago. Hopefully he'll feel ok enough to come down for a couple of hours while Stephen talks to the attorney - would that be ok?

Dawn 1/12/2009 1:03 PM  

Love the photo.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP