Monday, December 08, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems like each of us have been preoccupied with our own things over the past week. I've come down with a rare case of motivation and have started about fifty tasks, from laundry to Asher's birthday invitations to decorating for Christmas to wrapping presents to completing Christmas cards to working on party decorations, to name just a few. I was really proud of myself; I actually finished a project yesterday when I addressed the last invitation to Asher's birthday party. Of course, I forgot to take them to work with me today to mail out...Argh. Stephen has picked up quite a few more hours' worth of work for the next month; in fact, it's almost 10:00 right now and he's out working. Asher is just his usual busy little self, which keeps Stephen and I plenty busy just keeping an eye out for him. Seriously, you turn your back for two seconds to gather his dirty clothes, and when you turn around he's got a piece of his own poop in his mouth. Yeah, POOP. In his MOUTH. And there isn't a hint of a look of disgust on his face. (For those wondering, he'd had some tiny, cocoa-puff-sized poopies in his diaper yesterday and one of those "puffs" apparently fell out of the diaper when I wrapped it up and, of course, he found it. Did I mention it was with his mouth?) On a less disgusting note, one new thing Asher is busying himself with is trying to walk. Last night he took an itsy-bitsy step in the bathroom. I'd hardly classify it as walking, but it's definite progress. Today I've noticed he's been holding onto things less and standing on his own more, so I think he's motivated to get the ball rolling. I don't know whether to be excited or petrified.

3 comments:

The Daily Squink 12/09/2008 12:29 PM  

Oh Asher, it's only a matter of time now. How exciting!

Dawn 12/09/2008 9:16 PM  

At least it was his own poop and not cat poop.

Marmie 12/10/2008 4:49 PM  

Cat poop around here is known as "kitty treats" for Lily.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP