Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Buggy Obsession

Some kids have teddies, some kids have blankies. I, myself, had a "silkie," which was my mom's pink satin robe that I used to like to snuggle while sucking my thumb. My son? He has buggies, which, as you probably know, is our term for pacifiers.

Yes, he sucks on them, but his love for them is deeper than mere oral gratification. Over the past couple of months, he started doing this thing when he goes to sleep where he plays with his spare buggies. He's got a good handful of them in his crib. When we lay him down at night when he's almost asleep, he rolls over, stretches his little fingers out, and grasps one or two buggies. Then he clanks them together and moves them around in his hands until he falls asleep. When we go in his room after he awakes, he's always standing at the side of the crib with a buggy in his mouth and one in each hand. He'll carry them around with him. A new thing he's started doing is organizing his buggies. I put five or six on the floor the other day when changing the sheets in his crib, and he started putting them in a row and changing the order of them. It's both the cutest and the strangest thing I've seen him do.

I've always put him to bed with his little stuffed Classic Pooh from Sloan, the froggie blankie from Aunt Jamie, the super soft blankie from Uncle Adam, and the fluffy puppy from NeeNee, but does he even notice any of those things? Nope. I guess you really can't choose what your kid becomes attached to. I'll need to remember this when Asher starts dating.


2 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 12/11/2008 1:53 AM  

He looks like his daddy in this pic!

Marmie 12/11/2008 4:20 PM  

I'll try to remember to put more of them in his nap time bed. Maybe that's why he cries when he wakes up.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP