Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day

We were originally supposed to spend Thanksgiving with Stephen's parents, but due to special circumstances (my sister missing her train on Sunday and having to come in at 5 a.m. Thanksgiving morning, and my mother-in-law's crazy work schedule requiring her to be at work at 2 a.m. on Black Friday), we ended up spending it at my mom's. This meant I got to spend the day visiting with my sister and Ella, whom I hadn't seen in almost three months, visiting with Angie and her mom for a couple of hours, and gorging myself on Mom's infamous candied yams, deviled eggs, and green beans (cooked with onions and bacon). Sadly, there was no ham, but I'm hoping Santa will make me one for Christmas.

This Thanksgiving was an especially special one, considering it was Asher's first. He had THE BEST TIME EVER playing with Ella and getting underfoot in the kitchen. At one point, he got so excited he plunged into the cat food dishes, which required an early bath and change into pajamas before dinner. He enjoyed Puffs, corn, mashed potatoes, and part of a dinner roll for dinner. He can't wait until next year when he can enjoy some turkey, too. Just look at how excited he is.

4 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/30/2008 7:20 PM  

As you already know, Sloan approves very much of Asher's festive bib! Glad to see you had such a nice time!

Dawn 11/30/2008 8:47 PM  

Asher looks so cute in his pj's and turkey day bib.

Marmie 12/01/2008 2:00 PM  

And the ham is at our house!

Unknown 12/04/2008 1:10 PM  

I know the ham is at your house. Some of it made it to our house and we got 2 meals out of it. Best ham evar!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP