Monday, November 17, 2008

Refrigerator Monkey

Does this picture look familiar? It should. Just over a year ago, I posted this same picture, with the major exception being that there was a gray and white kitty in place of this little boy. How things both have and haven't changed since then. I see the staples of our diets are largely the same: bottled water, pickles, parmesan cheese, taco sauce, and chocolate syrup. Ah, it's fun to be predictable.

This picture pretty much sums up our time these days: chasing after a very curious and very energetic little boy who's into EVERYTHING. While home with him over the weekend when Stephen was at work, I was amazed at how fast he's become. I know I'm always saying he's fast, but I swear the minute I say it, he becomes even FASTER. For instance, I plopped him down on the kitchen floor to play while I made his lunch. Thirty seconds passed and I realized Asher was no longer in the kitchen. I peeked my head into the dining room - no baby. Where could he have been? Oh, he was only about four or five steps up the staircase. And when he saw me? He giggled and sped up. Our baby gate won't fit the bottom of the staircase, so we try to put a box in front of the steps. And wouldn't you know it, he just pushes the box over enough to squeeze past it. Yeah, and speaking of boxes, someone has figured out he can climb on top of them to get to things. FUN things he's not supposed to get into.

Asher is getting very close to walking, too. He is starting to stand without support. I'm trying not to think about all the trouble he's going to get into once he's up and running...I'll have at least a good twenty years to worry about that.

6 comments:

The Daily Squink 11/18/2008 1:29 PM  

That is EERIE how similar your fridge looks to last years' with all the water in it. Except that it's much cuter now with the addition of an Asher bug.

Marmie 11/18/2008 6:21 PM  

I noticed that he was walking around the ottoman pretty quickly the other day, too. And he wasn't afraid to take a step between chairs, either, like he was last week.

Marmie 11/18/2008 6:23 PM  

What's an "extra lg storage tub for swine"? What swine?

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/18/2008 8:36 PM  

I think you need to buy some water, it looks like you're running low. :P

Dawn 11/18/2008 9:19 PM  

Are you guys on a liquid diet?

Kim 11/18/2008 10:31 PM  

"Swing," Marmie, not "swine." That would have made the shopping list a lot more interesting, though.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP