Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Conquers Tower of Stairs

I got home from work yesterday, and Stephen excitedly said that something really big had happened that afternoon, something HUGE. My mind immediately started racing. Did Asher take his first steps? Say his first word? Did that tooth finally pop through?

Turns out he climbed the stairs. All of them. All by himself, with no assistance other than Daddy sitting behind him as the spotter. I figured Asher would have mastered this a long time ago, back when he first started to crawl and loved to pull up on the bottom step and even managed to climb a couple. But after a couple of weeks, he totally lost interest in the stairs. When I'd put him on the stairs, he'd just stand there and try to pick up and eat carpet fuzz. I guess yesterday he felt super adventurous and just went for it. Of course, I didn't want to be left in the dark. I put him at the foot of the stairs and, sure enough, he took off like it was his own personal Mount Everest.

Maybe this isn't as monumental as him walking or talking, but in terms of increasing the amount of trouble he can get into, this is HUGE.

3 comments:

The Daily Squink 10/11/2008 10:37 PM  

Good job, Asher! What a cute little proud face he has up there on the landing.

Marmie 10/13/2008 9:21 PM  

You actually encouraged this reckless feat?

Kim 10/13/2008 10:52 PM  

I know, we're gluttons for punishment. Thank God for the baby gate!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP