Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Little Scooter

Asher has definitely entered the curiosity-killed-the-cat phase of babyhood. He's always been extremely active, even when he was just a tiny little fetus with a crazy case of the jimmy legs. But now that he's got creeping down to a fine art, there's no stopping him. He's now crawling beyond the perimeters of one room at a time; if I leave him in the living room for two minutes, when I come back he'll often have crawled out into the foyer. I've finally placed covers on most of the electrical outlets that would be within his reach, which is a good thing, because today at lunch I caught him pawing at one. It seems like some of the most fascinating things right now to him are electrical cords, remote controls, telephones, the vacuum cleaner, computer keyboards, the camera, the breast pump (he thinks it's great fun to sneak over and yank the tubing out while I'm pumping), anything plastic or paper or tissue...Basically, everything you don't want your child to play with. He's so funny; he's constantly got this look of SURPRISE and EXCITEMENT on his face when he's creeping around, like the dog in the commercials panting, Oh boy oh boy oh boy - BACON!

He's a master of his walker now, too. Stephen was telling me yesterday that Asher was running in it after Sam. I thought he was exaggerating, so I put Asher in his walker at one end of the room and walked over to the other side of the room and called his name. Sure enough, the boy practically ran to me - you know, as much running as a walker will allow. He also likes us to stand him up - he'll stand with our assistance for several minutes at a time.

Yep, I think we've officially exited the safe, quiet, immobile months and have entered the scary and exhausting lifetime of mobility. I'm looking forward to it, but it'd probably be wise to go buy a baby gate for the stairs first.

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 8/07/2008 1:33 PM  

I'm tired just from reading your post! I have a feeling you're going to have a mischievious one on your hands!!! He is way too cute for words!

The Daily Squink 8/07/2008 5:04 PM  

If Asher is anything like Rowan (which so far he's really NOT), he'll be even happier once he's mobile. And once you have the house babyproofed, you'll enjoy it too! He'll finally be able to entertain himself for long periods at a time.

I love these photos. They really give you a sense of what he looks like creeping around the house. He looks so excited! He'd better blink or his eyes are going to dry out.

Marmie 8/07/2008 7:57 PM  

I'd better tell Grandfather to put the gates up for tomorrow.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP