Monday, July 07, 2008

Six Months Old

It's been a very hectic past few weeks, to say the least. I haven't had much time, energy, or even been in the mood to blog lately. So, needless to say, this post is almost a week past due. It just goes to show what a neglectful parent I am.

Asher is a whopping six months old now. Can you believe it? I can't. I went to the mall a few days ago and saw several newborn babies. My heart melted and I teared up a little when I looked down at Asher and realized my baby isn't one of those tiny babies anymore. Not that he ever really was a "tiny" baby, but you get what I'm saying. He's getting to be an older baby. Halfway to one year! He's now wearing the 6-9 month clothes I bought for him last summer on sale when I was just a few months pregnant with him. He's just starting stage 2 foods, and he thinks fresh watermelon or banana in his munchy teether is the greatest thing EVER. He talks all the time, and his eyes are in constant motion, trying to take the whole world in at once. It's become quite the challenge to even get him to drink an entire bottle because he's too darn distracted by EVERYTHING. He's almost outgrown his swing and buzzy seat - I pray to God he is able to sit up soon on his own because I don't know what we'll do without the aid of the swing or buzzy seat. When did this all happen?!

Asher's flowering personality and sweet disposition has really pulled us through the muck and mire this month. I'm not sure what it is, but when he gives me one of his huge, cheesey grins, I just know in my heart everything is going to be alright as long as he's around.

June pictures of Asher Bug are here!

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 7/08/2008 12:38 AM  

Happy 1/2 birthday Asher! 1/2 birthdays are just as important!! He is getting so big! He's just as cute as can be!

Dawn 7/08/2008 9:58 PM  

Asher looks huge in the bottom picture. And as always, he's a cutie!

Marmie 7/10/2008 2:18 PM  

His adoring smiles are to live for!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP