Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Sleepy, Less Bloggy

Sleep, sleep, sleep! Stephen is going to absolutely kill me for writing this entry, because it seems like every time I brag about how well Asher is doing with something he turns around and proves me wrong. But I'm going to brag anyway. Because really, how often do I get a chance to brag?

For almost a week now, Asher has been regularly sleeping anywhere from seven to nine hours at a time through the night. He'll then wake up and want fed, and then will go back to sleep for another two to three hours. It's heavenly! And let me tell you, I've been absolutely basking in the glory of this newfound sleep. (Hence the reason why I haven't posted to my blog in over a week.) Maybe Asher is going through a growth spurt and all of a sudden is needing the extra sleep (I wonder this because he's also more frequently becoming unsatisfied with his usual five ounces of milk every three hours during the day...although, that could also be because he's sleeping more and, therefore, has less awake hours to eat and is trying to compensate). Or, perhaps he knows I'm returning to work a week from today and, as the kind and considerate son that he surely is, wants to give me ample time to catch up on my sleep before I head back into the cruel world of reality. Whatever the reason, THANK YOU LORD for it. It's crazy - I'm almost feeling like my old, pre-mother self again. You know, the one who would sleep in until almost noon whenever given the opportunity. I've dearly missed that part of me and am so enthused to meet her again.

("Shut up!" to those of you who are going to tell me the sleep isn't going to last. Must you always rain on my parade?)

4 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 3/27/2008 12:13 AM  

Oh sleep is the best isn't it! How perfect is Mr. Asher Bug to let you catch up on sleep before heading back to The Real World!! I think he's the best son EVER!!!!

Dawn 3/27/2008 11:39 AM  

You should be happy about your sleep. I haven't slept in 6 months...but it's all worth it!

Marmie 3/27/2008 6:26 PM  

He's getting HUGH!!! Tell him to stop that till after Sunday. 'So it is written, so it shall be done!'

The Daily Squink 3/27/2008 7:55 PM  

You look very glamorous in this photo, Kim, with your smoky eye and nude mouth. You really do it up around the house for Asher and Steve, don't you?

You're so lucky that you had 3 months off work. I had to start working after 5 weeks. Albeit it WAS at home... Okay, we'll call it even. ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP