Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Trifecta of Bodily Functions

I've been piddled on. I was nearly pooped on. And now I've been thrown up on.

Last evening we went out for a few hours and when we got home and took Asher's coat off we found him sopping with sweat. Poor baby - we'd totally overbundled him! Then I took him upstairs for a feeding, since it'd been a whole 3 1/2 hours since his last meal, and, boy, did he eat and eat and eat. When I took him over for a diaper change afterward, he nonchalantly looked up at me and spewed all that milk he'd gorged himself on - the milk I'd worked so hard on making! - all over me, himself, and the floor.

I now feel officially welcomed into motherhood. And I know it's only going to get grosser.

5 comments:

Dawn 1/27/2008 9:46 AM  

Oh, just wait...it only gets worse. There was a day when I changed shirts five times.

Anonymous,  1/27/2008 11:43 AM  

Adam wants to know if Asher is giving you "The Stink Eye"? I think is is amazing that he is already making such animated faces! How precious!

Dawn 1/27/2008 12:08 PM  

P.S. Here's a little tip that works for me. I have found the Em gets too hot in a coat and her bundle me if we are in a store or restaurant too long. On cold days, instead of a coat, I have been putting a flannel or fleece blanket under the bundle me for extra warmth outside but can be taken off easily once we are inside.

The Daily Squink 1/27/2008 4:13 PM  

Yay, spitup! Poor little thing.

Kim, we overheated Rowan once too, early on. I had him swaddled in a thick blanket and also put a space heater in his room. When when he woke up, his chest was covered with a heat rash. Doh. We didn't do that again.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 1/27/2008 8:28 PM  

Rule is, if you'd be hot they're going to be hot! Of course that rule doesn't apply if your Dawn, saying she's always cold! (: Cute expression Asher!! Hopefully you're free next Friday Kim, I'd love to come over and visit with Asher, oh and you too!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP