Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So Not Cool

When is it okay to wear a Year 2000 Mickey Mouse jacket? Before you answer "never", you're apparently wrong. According to one lady, apparently, it's fashionable seven years later. You know, once it becomes a vintage collector's fashion piece.

You're probably jumping in your car right at this very moment to run to your closest Goodwill or Salvation Army to find yourself a similarly sweet trendsetting piece, but once you locate that awesome turquoise windbreaker with the giant Tazmanian Devil on the back or the hunter green fleece pullover with Winnie the Pooh embroidered on the left chest, you may find yourself unsure of exactly how and when you should let your classiness shine. The answer is simple: At work, of course. What other outer apparel would look as smart with a pair of pleated, highwater slacks and chunky loafers a la 1994? My only suggestion to this woman would have been to add a lovely satellite dish-sized set of bangs smack in the middle of her forehead. That would have been professionalism at it's finest.

As much as I wanted to put out an emergency call to Stacy and Clinton, I reminded myself that it's people like that who make me appear to be much more stylish than I really am, and I figure I can use all the help I can get. See, there really is a place and a purpose for everyone in this world.

5 comments:

Dawn 12/05/2007 9:51 PM  

I hear that Looney Toons ties are very stylish!

The Daily Squink 12/06/2007 9:39 AM  

Dang, she sounds like a schoolteacher! Although not my friend Katie. Okay, then she sounds like a grade school teacher!

This would have been a perfect opportunity to try out your clandestine spy photography skills.

Anonymous,  12/06/2007 6:18 PM  

Doesn't your new phone have a camera on it?

Kim 12/06/2007 6:37 PM  

I spotted her when I was walking to the bathroom, so I didn't have my phone with me. Maybe next time...there seems to be a lot of fashion faux-pas lurking in my building.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 12/06/2007 7:45 PM  

Gosh I'd forgotten how stylish everyone at LM was, I miss seeing black leggings, and no not the ones that are in now, the ones that were obviously bought at the dollar store, and lets not forget all the hair scrunchies. Was the lady also wearing a 2001 Old Navy 4th of July t-shirt, cause that would make the outfit amazing!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP