Saturday, December 08, 2007

Another Fun Challenge

I'd figured that, as I became all big and roly poly in the last month or two (or three) of my pregnancy, it would become increasingly difficult to maneuver and perform certain tasks that had up to this point been a piece of cake. As the baby takes over residence of your entire abdominal cavity, it's quite challenging to bend over or reach beyond your belly. Things like putting on my socks, shoes, tying my shoes, shaving my legs, picking up things off the floor, getting out of bed, getting out of the car - basically anything that requires stretching downward or the use of abdominal muscles, also requires much imagination, calculation, and grace. I had expected all of this, though, and I had prepared myself for this sense of disability.

In the past couple of weeks, however, I've reached another level of sad and pathetic that no one, not even any of my books, forewarned me about - that I'd have difficulty wiping after I use the potty. With my arms being short in length and my torso being so ginormous, I'm afraid I'm going to hurt myself by falling off the toilet from the contortions in which I have to bend in order to perform this most basic of basic tasks.

I didn't realize pregnancy would involve me practically becoming an invalid. On the one hand, I absolutely refuse to ask my husband for assistance in this most personal of departments, but on the other hand, it could be good practice for all those diaper changes he'll be doing for Baby Neener...Poor Stephen. Let's all pray for his sake and the sake of the last shred of dignity I have that I don't grow much rounder in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Dawn 12/08/2007 2:43 PM  

Poor Kim...I will come over and wipe your butt for you...it can't be as bad as changing Emerson! :)

The Daily Squink 12/10/2007 10:20 AM  

Instead of reaching around the front, have you tried around the back? I didn't have to do this myself – probably because I was carrying Rowan pretty high up – so I can't vouch for its effectiveness.

Be thankful you're not on bedrest though! I've heard that sucks.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP