Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Doctor Confirms the Obvious: Tummy Is Large

This morning we had our 31 week checkup with the doctor. We're now having the pleasure of going every two weeks for the remainder of the month, and then in December we'll begin making weekly stops. It's weird seeing my doctor more frequently than my relatives and friends.

I've gained another three pounds in the past two weeks (surely that has nothing to do with all the cheeseburgers?), putting me at a total weight gain of about 14 pounds. The results from the bloodwork I had done last time were normal. The baby's heartbeat is normal. My tinkle is normal. My aches and pains are normal.

After my doctor measured the length of my uterus like she does at every visit, she sat down and began entering the measurements in her laptop. Nonchalantly, she made the comment, referring to my uterus, "Hmm...You're actually a little larger than normal, but that's okay." Already knowing the answer, I tentatively asked, "What does that mean?" "Well, it could mean you're going to have a big baby." To that I replied, "No! There's no room for a big baby in there!" She kind of chuckled as if to say, just you wait....

8 comments:

Anonymous,  11/07/2007 9:10 PM  

Like I have said time and time again. You really should stop eating so much...you are getting really FAT, HA HA (:

The Daily Squink 11/08/2007 8:54 AM  

That 14 lbs. must be all baby, because it doesn't look like you've gained an ounce anywhere else!

You know what this means, don't you? It means you can have fun and eat anything you want these last two months of pregnancy. And during the holidays, no less! I am so jealous! I had to watch every bite that I ate and exercise like crazy to keep within the 30 lbs. guideline that my doctor set for me.

I hope the baby doesn't get TOO large for your little body! I guess that's what you get for marrying a big Anglo-Germanic boy like Stephen. We're from hefty stock, we Barrs...

Dawn 11/08/2007 9:04 AM  

You are all baby...maybe you should beg for a c-section! :)

Marmie 11/09/2007 1:58 PM  

I've never seeeeen such a hugh tummy!!!<:0)8

The Daily Squink 11/09/2007 4:31 PM  

PS: Your eyes look really freaky in that photo.

Adam 11/09/2007 8:18 PM  

Did you say you've been eating greasy, cheesy, meaty, CHEESEBUGERS?! I hope there was bacon on them! But, I don't believe you, let me smell your fingers.

Anonymous,  11/10/2007 7:11 PM  

Again with the cuteness, UGH! I can't wait to read the blog when you eat a really juicy steak!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP