Thursday, July 19, 2007

I've Got Serious Talent

Recently having developed superhuman gag reflexes, I am now dubbing myself the Queen of Gagging. And, I've discovered this week it's not a pleasure to save just for teeth brushing time. Oh, my goodness, no. I find gagging so delightful that now I've pretty much decided I can gag at the drop of a hat. Literally. Drop your hat and I'll gag for you.

At least a few times a week I have issues brushing my teeth. Either my tongue or my back teeth decide they just do not want to be touched at all by Mr. Toothbrush, or toothpaste/saliva/rinse water will hit the back of my mouth at just the right (wrong) spot, and all hell breaks loose. As annoying as this is, and as much as I find this behavior completely unnecessary, I've learned to deal with - even laugh at - it. I mean, how retarded is it that I puke after brushing my teeth? And then, after puking from brushing, is it wise to brush again? Just think of the possible chain reaction!

But now I'm beginning to wonder if my mouth didn't hire a bouncer without consulting me first. Last night, trying to be a good mother to Baby Neener, I had a healthy dinner of a small portion of ceasar pasta salad, then a healthy snack of a peach, and another healthy snack of a very small bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats before bed. (Remember, I have to pretty much constantly eat to ward off nausea and, because I find it difficult lately to eat much more than kid-sized portions, I'm always hungry.) To top it all off, to nail down my Mother-of-the-Year Award, I took a prenatal vitamin. And then I proceeded to gag more violently than I can remember ever doing before, ran into the bathroom, and "released" all of Baby Neener's nourishment for the evening across the toilet lid.

As if that's not bad enough, at lunch I took a bite of my sandwich and gagged on it. No spewing involved this time, but it was frightening. I don't know what my body is trying to tell me. I thought brushing one's teeth, taking prenatal vitamins for the fetus, and eating were all good things...have I been mistaken all this time?

Only good I can find in this whole situation is that I've definitely lost my fear of puking. In fact, I feel I've become quite good at it. Not exactly a skill I had wanted to hone, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 7/19/2007 8:12 PM  

So it'll be fun to start binge drinking after Neener is born eh? I know the puking always prevented you from doing that before! Hang in there!!

I actually acquired the gagging thing when I was pregnant too and it never really went away since then. I can't even hold a pencil in my mouth without gagging. Weird eh?!

Anonymous,  7/20/2007 9:08 AM  

Warning-Unwanted advise ahead!! Kim, when I was prego with little Wyatt the prenatal vitamins made me so so sick. The docs said it was ok to take flinstone vitamins with iron and some folic acid too. They said the zinc was making me sick, but I don't know if that is helpful to you. Also, if you tell your doctor you are having trouble keeping food, to include your vitamins, down they may be able to prescribe you something for the nausea. So enough of my unwanted advise. I am glad to see that you are back to blogging because Adam never tells me crap after he talks to Stephen so I was feeling totally out of the loop...maybe I'll just start calling you! I will make Adam call tonight! I hope you feel up to chatting!!

Marmie 7/24/2007 2:47 PM  

GEE, I wish I could puke, and lose some of this 27 year old baby fat.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP