Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Updates

Angie left us yesterday. Not as in "she died;" rather, she went back to Chicago. Last week she received word that she was hired at a cat hospital as a receptionist/fill-in vet tech, so she went up to begin her new part-time job today. Spring break also ended, so her classes were resuming. Her dad is doing much, much better, though he's still in the hospital and the doctors still don't really know what the future holds for his health. In other words, they're still playing the waiting game.

**************************************************

We still haven't discussed if, when, or where we're going to take a trip. Although I'd love to go someplace, I'm not yearning for a getaway as badly as I was before. Having Angie here for two weeks and worrying about her dad was a big distraction for my own petty woes and has put things more into perspective for me. Plus, I think the continuous nice weather and the ability to don spring apparel has cheered me up quite a bit. (I bought two pairs of shoes last week to wear with capris and, I know this makes me sound completely shallow, but retail therapy - I'm telling you - it totally works.)

**************************************************

The whole MySpace thing is, so far, turning out to be a pleasant experience. (Though, thank you, Laurie, for suggesting on my last entry that Stephen needs to give me a credit card so I can do more shoppy and less computy. I would totally be all for that!) I got back in touch with a long-lost high school friend, Laura. She, Angie, Stephen, and I went out for dinner on Thursday and the reunion was so much fun that we made plans to go out together on Friday. We went downtown and had a blast, but I think the most fun part of the evening was stalking another high school friend of ours. Laura has remained friends with him, but we had lost touch with him after my sophomore year at Purdue. She had invited him to go out with us on Friday, but he declined, so she told us where he lives and we hunted him down. Although I know he was irritated with our tactics, he had a good sense of humor about it and it was very nice getting to see him and chat for a little bit. Like I told him, I really didn't like the drop-in-pop-in approach, but on the other hand, we had nothing to lose since we already weren't in contact with him. Anyway, back to MySpace: I'm getting back in touch with a few friends I haven't talked to in years, and it's also helping me, the one who is most terrible at picking up the telephone, keep in touch with those currently in my life, like my cousins and my sister.

**************************************************
    Yesterday we went to my mom's to bring her her new laptop. I'm still in shock over this - my MOM is finally jumping on the computer bandwagon! It's ridiculous how excited I am over this, but I'm now able to e-mail my MOM! You have absolutely no idea how long I've been waiting for this day. Now, whether or not she'll check her e-mail or write to me is completely up to her (although she'd better if she knows what's good for her), but still, I CAN E-MAIL MY MOMMY! Man, I'm such a dork. While we were there, I took this picture of Ella and am posting it because it best illustrates how happy I am about my mom's entrance into the magical and spectacular online world...(By the way, in my opinion, this is the BEST. PICTURE. EVER. Other than the very obvious hamming-it-up face, she had little pigtails on top of her head which she took out and the result was this Gwen Stefani-esque hairdo.)

    3 comments:

    The Daily Squink 4/03/2007 12:22 PM  

    Wow, those are SOME teeth!

    Kim, your springtime happiness is going to come to a screetching halt tomorrow when it's 40 degrees and raining!

    Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 4/03/2007 1:30 PM  

    What the heck is going on with you? What's with this going out with friends thing? I don't even know you anymore!!!

    Kim 4/04/2007 6:22 PM  

    See what happens when you leave me for a week?!

      © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP