Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mr. Mouthy

Asher is really on a roll today in driving his mother nuts. Defiance and stubbornness are set at maximum strength. Fortunately, during the part of the time when I'm not beating my head against the wall in frustration, I'm able to see the humor in some of his tirades.

Me: Asher, I'm going to go take a shower.
Asher: OK, Mommy. Can I splash you?
Me: No, not today. Mommy's in a hurry to get ready. Maybe tomorrow.
Asher:
Come on, Mom. Cheer up. I splash you!
Me: Sweetie, maybe tomorrow, but today I need to take a quick shower.
Asher: NO TOMORROW! CHEER UP, MOM - I SPLASH YOU!

Asher: MOM! TRAINS! WATCH TRAINS!
Me: Asher, please be quiet. I'm giving Henry his bottle and he's trying to go to sleep -
Asher: NO HENRY BOTTLE NO SLEEP! TRAINS!
Me: Asher, you're being selfish -
Asher: I NOT A FISH!
Me: I didn't say you're a "fish," I said "selfish" - do you know what that means?
Asher: NO MOM I NOT A FISH! I NOT A FISH!

Me: Asher, it's time to change your diaper and get dressed!
Asher: No diaper change or get dressed - watching trains!
Me: You can watch trains after you get dressed.
Asher: No diaper change! OR! GET! DRESSED! MOOOOM! I busy! I have jobs to do! I watch trains, OKAAAAAAY?!

Me: Man, I am getting REALLY tired.
Asher: Tired, Mom?
Me: Yes, Mommy is tired. You boys really wear me out!
Asher: No tired, Mom! Not tired time, LUNCH time!

I am finally understanding what people meant when they said, "Just wait until they start talking!"

4 comments:

Unknown 11/28/2010 12:16 AM  

These are absolutely spot on. And they are funny at the time usually the first time. But seeing them written is even funnier than live.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/29/2010 5:30 PM  

Enjoy it, at 12 years old I promise you it's not that cute!!

Marmie 11/29/2010 6:17 PM  

I love it when I tell him it's diaper change time and he follows me into the bedroom saying 'Oh my GOSH, look at all that poopie'. I guess that's what I always say!

The Daily Squink 11/30/2010 3:29 PM  

OMG, I am Laughing Out Loud!

My favs:

"Come on, Mom. Cheer up!"

"I not a fish!"

"I busy! I have jobs to do! I watch trains, OKAAAY?!"

Asher's defiance is SOOO much funnier than Rowan's for some reason...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP