Friday, April 09, 2010

Our Little Henry


I was dilated to 6-7 when my blood pressure started dropping, which cause the baby's heart rate to do funky things. I was given oxygen and blood pressure medication to help me out. The nurse kept asking if I felt any pressure "downstairs" - after about fifteen minutes, I did. She did another check and found that I'd jumped to 10 cm. and the baby was right there, ready to greet us.

After 20 minutes of pushing, Henry Major Barr was born at 3:15 p.m. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 10 ounces, and was 21 inches long. He's very handsome, bearing a striking resemblance to our other very handsome son. Only difference is, Henry has a full head of hair, whereas his big brother had just this funny patch of hair on the back of his head. Henry is currently styling a faux-hawk, thanks to the nurse who gave him his first bath. Now, the nursery nurses don't want to put a hat on him for fear of messing up his adorable hair-do.

Henry is a family name on both sides of the family, and Major is my father-in-law's middle name. I'd always thought it was a cool name, and he's a pretty cool guy, so we thought it was a cool choice for Henry's middle name, too.

I'm flat-out exhausted, considering I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night and no naps today, coupled with the fact that I just birthed a human being. Other than that, no pain yet and all my vitals have been great. Henry is having his blood sugar monitored like crazy since he's a little large for his age and even had a half a bottle earlier to bring him up to par, but other than that, he's perfect.

More pictures and updates to follow!

4 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 4/09/2010 9:37 PM  

Henry is beautiful! You did a great job! I love his name and Major is total kick ass!! Congrats, see ya tomorrow!!

Dawn 4/09/2010 9:38 PM  

Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous,  4/13/2010 10:11 AM  

Love the little picture you posted on the side of your blog! How precious is he! Tooo cute!

Congrats! Dawns mom

Unknown 4/22/2010 10:08 AM  

Congratulations! Henry looks perfect! I look forward to meeting him one of these days.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP