Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Still Totally in Shock

My BFF Laurie informed me five or six weeks ago that she was pregnant, and I was completely thrilled for her. For one, I know how much she's been wanting another child. Second, I know she's a wonderful mother. Her ten-year old daughter, Sloan, is honestly the sweetest, most caring, most well-behaved child I've ever encountered; it's pretty obvious that Laurie does great work in the parenting department. And three, well, it's selfish, but I felt she needed to have children closer in age to my child. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore Sloan and am totally looking forward to the day when I can use her babysitting services. But Laurie had already been waaaaay past the diaper and sleep deprivation stage by the time I had Asher. I can use all the friends I can get to be down in the baby trenches with me.

As if that isn't exciting enough, I read her blog last night and discovered some VERY interesting news...she had an ultrasound done yesterday and found out that she will need to purchase not one, but TWO car seats - she's having TWINS! How freakin' cool is that?! I had to read her post about three times and stare at the ultrasound picture for five minutes for it to finally sink in. Wow!

I am so very happy for her and her family. I can't wait for more pregnancy updates!

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 5/07/2009 8:48 AM  

I'm such a ball of hormones your posting made me cry when you talked about Sloan, whenever anyone tells me Sloan is a good girl I completely find that the ultimate compliment, of course reminding me of diaper duty and sleep deprivation puts me in full swing panic mode x 2! Thanks for being such an awesome friend Kim!!

Dawn 5/07/2009 9:31 AM  

Kim is so right about Sloan being a good girl, and she's going to be an awesome big sister!

Kim, I'm still in shock too!

Marmie 5/07/2009 5:37 PM  

Not only that, but, the more you have the cuter they get.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP