Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wal-Mart Baby



Stephen surprised me this evening with a nice little point-and-shoot camera that he got for a steal at Costco. I've been whining forever that I want a little camera I can stick in my purse, and I've been whining for even longer than that that I want a video camera. Well, the video camera will have to wait, but in the meantime, it's nice that I finally have a makeshift one in this camera that will actually record sound. Yes, one of our old cameras has a video recorder, but it doesn't record sound - can you believe that? What's the point?! I guess if you want to record your local street mime or Charlie Chaplin impersonator performing?

Of course, I was eager to try it out right away, so I shot a little clip of Asher playing with the Wal-Mart shopping cart the Easter Bunny gave to him that I put together this evening all by myself with no instructions. (The thing is sure to fall apart within the next three days.) Just as I suspected, that $12 toy is keeping him very entertained...he's got to be dizzy from the number of laps he's made around the house with it. After a half a lap in this shot, he gets distracted by Blue's Clues and has to stop and figure out what the hell Joe is singing about THIS time.

5 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 4/15/2009 8:16 AM  

He likes t.v. doesn't he! First Family Matter now Blues Clues. You need to show him some old school Blues Clues! (: Cute pjs!!

Kim 4/15/2009 8:30 AM  

He likes TV, but only watches for a minute or two at a time. He's far too busy doing other things to sit and watch TV, are you kidding me?! Well, unless it's Family Matters, that is... ;)

They show tons of old school Blue's Clues with Steve on Noggin. Every time it comes on, Stephen acts all excited and asks, "Ooh, I wonder if it's a Steve episode?" He clearly favors Steve over Joe. I personally think they're both a couple of dweebs, but whatever! Did Sloan watch Blue's Clues?

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 4/15/2009 10:06 AM  

Blue's Clues was one of Sloan's favorites and tell Stephen, that Sloan prefers Steve over Joe too. Some other favorites were Clifford, Arthur and Max and Ruby, which I'm thankful for because they were super sweet. Luckily, she never liked Barney! The kid was cool even back then!

Asher looks too cute pushing his grocery cart!

Kim 4/15/2009 10:14 AM  

Asher watches Max & Ruby, too. It's one of the few cartoons that don't annoy me. It's cute without being too cutesy.

We have a strict NO BARNEY policy at our house. Yuck - can't stand it!

Marmie 4/18/2009 10:33 AM  

He likes Hogan's Heros too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP