Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sorry Folks: No Crazy St. Patrick's Day Stories Here

As usual, St. Patrick's Day was a pretty uneventful occasion for us. No crazy drinkin' stories, no bar hopping, not even one green beer consumption on this end of the computer. YES, WE ARE BORING. And I can't even blame that on the fact that we have a kid. This is just what we are good at.

Actually, this year we did more than we typically do. We went down to my in-laws for some homemade Irish cuisine, which consisted of corned beef, carrots & potatoes, steamed cabbage, and deviled eggs, some of which were dyed green in the spirit of the day. Stephen and I were apprehensive about the menu, as neither of us are fans of Irish food, but it was surprisingly very good. (Well, at least I thought so.) I ate so much cabbage and deviled eggs that I thought I was going to explode. (And maybe I will; we'll just leave it at that.) It was totally worth it, though.

Asher wore his "lucky & charming" t-shirt in celebration, along with his green-striped socks and green & gray shoes. Like his father, he hardly touched the food that was served. Party poopers.

Thanks to Joe for pulling us out of the house and getting us to celebrate the day with some great food!

4 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 3/18/2009 2:25 PM  

What is on that sweet babies head? Oh and I noticed those sweet shoes right away! I'm with Stephen I'm not a fan of Irish food either but I'd certainly wouldn't mind eating Asher right up! Is it possible he can get any cuter????

Kim 3/18/2009 3:22 PM  

You mean you've never noticed that growth on Asher's head before?

(It's a kitty-cat toy that hangs from the door - he was playing with it, of course.)

Dawn 3/19/2009 8:52 PM  

Ah, what a lucky and charming little boy!

Marmie 3/19/2009 9:01 PM  

I noticed the growth right away. I had to zoom in to see what it was. Babies are just like kitties. Give em a box and they're happy. They love everything kitties love (except for catnip?).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP