Friday, March 13, 2009

Notice Anything Missing?

That's right - I finally bit the bullet and took a pair of scissors to Asher's head tonight. The overall length itself wasn't bothering me - actually, I thought the little wisps of fine baby curls at the tips of his hair after his bath were the sweetest things in the whole wide world. But the hair hanging over the ears had been getting on my nerves for awhile now. And I couldn't just cut the hair above his ears, because then poor Asher would be sporting a baby mullet. I'd been putting it off, though, hoping that Stephen would put his well-known barbering skills to use, because I had no clue how to cut it, but this evening Asher was being such a good boy while I was giving him a bath, sitting so still while looking at his bath books, that I decided it was time to snip.

I don't think it turned out too bad. Luckily, baby hair is so fine that it's hard to screw it up. There was less than an inch in length I cut, but his hair looks so much more tidy and proper now. I think he looks older, too. No more Hippie Asher. This is for you, Grandfather!

4 comments:

Marmie 3/15/2009 3:56 PM  

He looks like a true badger. He couldn't be any cuter, unless he had gray fur all ooooooover his body.

Love,
Grandfather

The Daily Squink 3/16/2009 11:04 AM  

Lookin' good, Asher. I guess I can't really tell a big difference though from these photos. It's probably a lot more noticeable in person.

Dawn 3/16/2009 9:25 PM  

You must have done a good job b/c I don't even notice a difference. I love his blonde hair.

Kim 3/16/2009 10:15 PM  

The only difference is that there no longer are tufts of hair poking out over his ears and his collar. He looks like a clean-cut little man now.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP