Monday, February 23, 2009

Small Break from the Madness

It's still pretty much chaos around the Barr household these days, but it's beginning to dwindle down. All the necessities are put away. I no longer run around during the evenings like a chicken with its head cut off because it can't find the box containing its brown heels to match the dress that it wants to wear tomorrow, which needs to be ironed but the iron and ironing board are also missing - AND WHERE THE HELL IS ITS JEWELRY HIDING?! It's still a shambles around here, I still feel like a million things need to be done, all the pictures are not hung in their appropriate places on the walls, but the OH MY GOD IT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW - RIGHT NOW - urgency is beginning to fade away. I think I may just be giving up. It's tempting now to keep what's still in boxes packed up because if I haven't needed it in the past three weeks, chances are I won't miss it for the next year, or so.

Don't get your hopes up, Stephen; you know me better than that.

This past weekend I was forced to leave my mission for home order for a day and night in order to go to Dayton to attend Lydia's baptism. At first, I freaked out at the thought of leaving the house when so much was left to do, but now that I'm back home, I'm wishing to be gone again, snuggling with warm and squishy Lydia in Angela's painfully clean and organized home. Lydia is as cute and sweet in person as she could possibly be, in all her three-week old sleepy glory. It's funny how quickly you forget your own baby being that tiny and helpless...

Speaking of my own baby, as you can see, Asher is clearly moving out of babyhood and into manhood, looking quite dapper in his suit and red apple hat, courtesy of Marmie. He was a giant fan of Lydia and had an awesome time petting her like a kitty cat.

Thanks for having us over, Browns. It turned out to be a nice little mental vacation, complete with a much-needed newborn baby fix.

4 comments:

Marmie 2/24/2009 9:37 PM  

All of my babies are so sweet! Even my Kimmie!!!!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 2/25/2009 2:52 PM  

Kim, how is it possible Asher bug only gets cuter?

Dawn 2/25/2009 10:11 PM  

Is Asher dancing?

Anonymous,  2/27/2009 8:47 AM  

Sweet picture of Asher-- he does look very dapper, indeed... I feel your pain about moving. We moved into the rental house about 3 months ago, knowing that it was going to be very short-term. We've lived with the bare necessities and I'm also like you, where it's REALLY frustrating not being able to find everything. Now, in a month, we'll be doing it all over again, when we move to the new place *Sigh* let the mania begin...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP