Friday, October 31, 2008

A Spook-tacular Day

Asher's first Halloween turned out to be a lot of fun, despite having started off on the wrong foot the other evening when we discovered we had a major wardrobe malfunction on our hands with his pumpkin costume. I tried it on him just to make sure it was going to fit, and it didn't, especially in the crotch area. Call me crazy, but I thought it would be slightly inappropriate to let him out in public with his (diapered) crotch hanging out. So, Asher went from being a cute little pumpkin to a cute little bat.

I took the day off so we could spend the day with Mom. Asher and NeeNee played while Stephen and I carved Asher's and Ella's pumpkins (Ella wasn't here, but Mom had bought a pumpkin for her when we went to the pumpkin patch, just in case she'd be visiting). Then NeeNee decided it was time for Asher to have a real treat and gave him a sucker. A BLUE sucker, at that. His face was priceless: his eyes were popping out of his head, he couldn't suck hard enough, and blue drool streamed from his mouth. Next, we went downtown to march in Logansport's Halloween parade. Asher really enjoyed riding in the wagon and staring at all the monsters, princesses, witches, rock stars, and livestock. Asher was one of the 25 kids picked for the best costume contest; he didn't win, but he did get a little treat bag with candy (that mommy and daddy will enjoy for him) and a WHOLE DOLLAR for his bank. I hope he spends it wisely, and not on strippers and booze. Once home, we only took Asher trick-or-treating to one of Mom's neighbors. I supposed we could have taken him around to other houses, but then I thought that would be a little too obvious that we were just using him to get candy for ourselves. Either that, or we'd look like bad parents for letting our ten month old gorge himself on candy.

Asher only had one nap today, so he was an absolute monster for a brief period during dinner and bathtime. The kid threw his first real temper tantrum, complete with screams and kicking! Ugh, I think I got a glimpse of life with a toddler and I'm a little scared, I'll be honest. Thankfully, between bath and bedtime, he was a pleasant, playful little guy. I'm sure he's currently upstairs dreaming of the hot two year old princess he was eyeballing this evening and that delicious, sticky blue sucker.

Me? I'm exhausted, and we didn't even do much. I've been so looking forward to the holiday season, but now that the first, and least stressful, of the holidays has passed, I'm wary of the next two big ones.

Here are pictures!

3 comments:

Marmie 11/01/2008 3:12 PM  

What's the matter with those judges, I'm sure he was the cutieist bat there!!!!

Dawn 11/01/2008 8:37 PM  

Can't wait to see pics.

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 11/02/2008 11:25 AM  

Hello! You have babies specifically for the candy! Have I taught you anything? Do it now why you can eat the candy cause once they are 10 they count how many pieces they have and stand guard!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP