Friday, October 03, 2008

Baby Is Officially Capable of Destruction

I guess Asher truly is a boy at heart, finding great delight in ripping and shredding apart anything he can get his hands on. It's a good thing for him we're such pack rats and have two years worth of old magazines on which he can outlet some of his desire for destruction. Unfortunately, sometimes he likes to practice his new skills on things he shouldn't.

Case in point, the very valuable lesson I learned yesterday evening: turning your back on Baby for even just a matter of seconds while you grab something out of your adjacent closet that's three feet away from him could result in the horrible, tragic loss of all your toilet paper. Luckily, there wasn't much left on that particular roll; I shudder to think of the catastrophe that could have been on my hands had a fresh roll been out. Still...that was some perfectly good toilet paper, all gone down the toilet. Without even being properly used.

I guess the days of being able to leave Asher unattended for a couple of minutes at a time without fear of him getting into anything is all down the toilet, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  10/03/2008 8:05 PM  

Aren't boys great?! Well, I promise it gets better!

Dawn 10/03/2008 10:29 PM  

It's not just a boy thing. Em would have a whole roll of toilet paper unrolled in just a matter of seconds.

The Daily Squink 10/04/2008 4:06 PM  

Why throw that perfectly good TP away? I just roll it up again and use it later! It's not like it's dirty or anything...

Marmie 10/04/2008 9:26 PM  

Not just boys, puppies, too.

Kim 10/05/2008 12:40 AM  

Angela, I had to throw the TP away. Asher had shredded it so much that using it would have been like trying to wipe with confetti.

The Daily Squink 10/07/2008 7:05 PM  

I bet Cheryl Crow would have still used it, confetti and all.

Kim 10/08/2008 8:32 AM  

Ms. Crow (and all the other Hollywood environmental goody-goodies) sure would like for us to believe that.

On a side note, since I'm sure Sheryl Crow is a regular reader of my blog, she should be happy to know that the TP we're using IS made from 100% recycled paper. It's scratchy, but I guess it's a sacrifice my butt has to pay in the name of being "green." Plus, it shreds easier for Asher. ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP