Monday, June 02, 2008

King of Rolling Over



Asher just learned to roll over a couple of days ago. It was funny because once he figured it out, we couldn't keep him on his back. Unfortunately for him, he hates to be on his tummy. And once he'd roll over, he couldn't figure out how to roll back to his back. I lost track of the number of times I had to run upstairs after I put him to bed last night because he was crying because he'd flipped onto his tummy and couldn't get back on his back.

Today while I was at work, however, he mastered the skill of rolling over the other way for Aunt Jamie. I'm so happy he figured this out so quickly because it was sad how pleased he'd be with himself for flipping over, but then immediately would become frustrated at being "stuck." I am a little sad, however, that I missed seeing this...guess it's the first of my missing out on one of his "firsts." He is so entertained by this new skill; for ten minutes straight this evening he did nothing but roll over, back to front, front to back, back to front, front to back.

3 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 6/02/2008 11:07 PM  

Not only is he rolling over, when he was asked if he could roll over I totally heard him say the word, "yea". Oh and let me be the first one on the record saying, I'm quite sure once he starts crawling you are going to be in TROUBLE!!! (:

Dawn 6/03/2008 8:51 AM  

Way to go Asher!

Joe 6/03/2008 6:07 PM  

Is he not the sweetest and smartest baby ever?

Marmie

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP