Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sophie & Asher: Kindred Spirits

* Both try to sleep in Asher's crib. (Asher does so against his will, while Sophie does so against my will.)

* Neither one answer when I speak to them, giving me relatively the same blank look in response.

* Both expect me to feed them. Constantly.

* Both require us to clean up after them - from diapers to a dirty litter box to vomit to toys on the floor. Constantly.

* Both are really damn cute.

* And soft.

* And smell good. (Most of the time.)

* Both like toys with crinkly and jingly sounds.

* Both have sharp claws.

* Both demand my constant attention and the occupancy of my lap.

* Both enjoy watching Baby Einstein (see below).

6 comments:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 3/12/2008 11:08 AM  

Thats awesome!! Of course being a dog lover I'd have to question some of the good things said about Sophie! :P

Marmie 3/12/2008 2:34 PM  

Laurie has never owned a kitten so she has to be forgiven. Being a former cat non-liker (that's putting it mildly)I agree with Kim, they both do smell good and clean.

Marmie

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 3/13/2008 11:04 AM  

Actually I owned 2 kitties before I saw the light and got a puppy!! I think the reason for disliking cats is after my divorce the fear of ending up being alone and labeled the lonely cat woman, so I promptly went out and got a dog!!!! (: Then teasing Kim about her cats is just icing on the cake for me, you have to do that to your Gemini sister!!!

Kim 3/13/2008 12:49 PM  

Just so you know, Laurie, I will still mention my kitties at work during those awful staff meetings when we have to introduce ourselves to new employees! I know how much you always loved that! ;)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 3/13/2008 8:35 PM  

LMAO! Oh you know I did, like that place wasn't already an episode out of the Twilight Zone!!!

Anonymous,  3/13/2008 11:09 PM  

He is so cute! I am hoping we make it in time to see him tomorrow! How does he like the lamb toy his best aunt ever gave him? I think maybe you havent used it yet, and thats ok, but my friends baby lives by that thing...just an idea! Oh yeah and I bet the kitties might be intrigued too...!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP