Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Arrival at the Hospital

Well, we're here. I've been admitted, poked, prodded, and overall feel as if the world is going to end. Really, it's going pretty well so far; I'm just the world's biggest wimp.

I'm hooked up to the IV and they've started the Petocin drip. I haven't yet had my epidural, even though I protested that Dr. Denman said I could have it before the medicine started! My nurse said I can have it whenever I ask for it, but it's not a bad thing for me to feel a contraction or two. My contractions are starting up and seem to be steadily getting stronger. I can handle the tightening sensations, but once they become painful I'm crying for help! My whole body is shaking like a leaf. Hmm...surely that couldn't be because I'm scared to death, starving, and running on no sleep?! Good news is that the baby is doing really well and my body appears to be progressing well - I started out dilated at two and my cervix has moved forward.

More updates to follow, but there won't be any pictures for awhile, since they don't have Wi-Fi anymore due to receiving a virus recently.

3 comments:

The Daily Squink 1/02/2008 8:39 AM  

Yay! We are all so excited that the day has finally come! I don't know how I'm going to work today, since I will be checking the blog continuously.

Imagine the movie Airplane as I say to you "Good luck, and we're all counting on you."

Dawn 1/02/2008 8:48 AM  

I can't wait for Baby Neener's arrival. I will check your blog for updates.

Anonymous,  1/02/2008 12:45 PM  

Kimber, I'm sooo excited for you guys....You know I will keep the blog up for the rest of the day so I can know what's going on.. Remember, if you need to whine, call me at work....

DeLisa

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP