Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Ingredients of Baby Neener

I've stated previously that I haven't really had any cravings during my pregnancy - I haven't craved any weird food combinations and I haven't desired any foods so strongly that I've had to send my husband to the grocery store at 2 a.m. However, I have noticed a pattern of foods that consistently have sounded good to me and, as my appetite is increasingly growing along with the baby, I'm eating more and more of these things. This topic isn't particularly interesting, I know, but one day Baby Neener may ask what he's made of, and thanks to this posting I'll be able to tell him his exact composition.

* An almost daily dose of Italian food; especially pasta or pizza. My favorite tv dinner that I frequently fix myself after work when Stephen isn't home is the Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara. (I ate this for dinner this evening, in fact.)

* 1-2 bowls of fruity cereal per day. Pictured below is the snack I just finished eating: a bowl of Frankenberry cereal.

* 1-3 glasses of Meijer 2% organic milk daily. We usually buy whatever organic milk is on sale at the various grocery stores - so as not to pump Baby Neener full of growth hormones because, as you can see from my previous post, growth hormones are the last thing I need for him to be ingesting - but I've recently discovered my palate prefers the Meijer 2% organic in the plastic gallon jug. The other brands and the half gallons in the earth-friendly cardboard containers just don't seem to taste as good. Baby Neener loves a tall glass of this, too, but he likes his with chocolate syrup.

* A couple of handfuls of Craisins a day, sometimes by themselves, but usually enjoyed on salads.

* Salads. Not because of the vegetables, but probably primarily because of all the Craisins I sprinkle on top, and due to drenching them in my favorite salad dressing, Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian.

* Apples and apple juice. I'm very thankful to have an appetite for apples right now; I'm sure they are the reason I haven't been plagued with the common pregnancy woe of constipation. They are my little digestive guardian angels.

* Popcorn. I like to eat this with a tall glass of apple juice.

* Ginger ale. Mmm......fizzy and refreshing.

* Ice water. Weird, but it's highly satisfying.

* Powdered donuts with a glass of milk. I hate the way my stomach looks like an ice-capped mountain after I'm finished eating them, so I only occasionally have them for a snack in the evenings when I want to shake things up a bit from the usual cookies and milk snack.

* Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk. Which reminds me, I only have three cookies left; I predict a trip to Wal-Mart once Stephen gets home.

* Chocolate. Duh. What eight-month pregnant woman doesn't have this as a staple in her diet??

* Cheeseburgers!

How obvious is it that I'm a little obsessed with food right now? I just ate that bowl of cereal, but I think the Tapeworm is already hungry again.

3 comments:

Dawn 11/28/2007 10:23 PM  

Sure looks like a healthy diet for a pregnant woman!

The Daily Squink 11/29/2007 9:18 AM  

I think Rowan is mostly made up of kiwis and Kraft macaroni and cheese.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP