Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 19: Good News from the Doc

This morning I took a couple of hours off for some much needed rest after I overdid it a little this weekend. I am so happy that I did. My doctor's office called and left a message requesting I call them regarding my test results from the bloodwork I had done just over a week ago at my last appointment. Needless to say, I totally freaked out because they never call when the results are negative. In fact, for past tests, I've always been told they'll only contact me if something is wrong. I nervously returned the call and - hallelujah! - the results were negative for any abnormalties with the baby. If I hadn't been there to receive that message this morning, I wouldn't have gotten it until after work, which means I would have had to have waited until tomorrow morning to call and get the results, which means I would have gotten ZERO sleep and probably an ulcer from worrying.

Anyway, long story short, Baby Neener appears to be doing great so far. Our ultrasound is just over two weeks away, and I'm hoping we get good results from it, too - i.e., images of a HEALTHY Baby Neener without any legs coming out of his/her head! Stephen is adamant that he doesn't care whether we're having a girl or a boy, as long as the baby's healthy. I have to agree with him. I keep saying, I don't care if it's a girl or a boy, as long as it's one of the two, and not some weird combination of the two. Of course I would still love my baby if it was transgender, don't get me wrong, but I would hate for my child to endure such a hardship.

Week 19 developmental updates: Baby Neener is about seven and a half inches long and weighs about seven ounces, his/her kidneys are making urine, and hair is beginning to grow on his/her head.

As for me, I'm continually growing more and more ecstatic about the little person growing inside of me while, as you can see from the picture, my belly is ecstatic to just be continually growing and growing.

5 comments:

Dawn 8/13/2007 10:27 PM  

Maybe you will have one of each and you won't have to worry about the sex. :) I guess you will know in a couple of weeks!

Anonymous,  8/14/2007 8:18 PM  

I agree with Dawn, and for now we shall call them Neener 1 and Neener 2! Ha! Seriously, I am really happy for you and Stephen, and I am sorry that you feel so tired, we will have to get together sometime! Your belly is SO cute btw! Yeah Kim!

The Daily Squink 8/15/2007 9:53 AM  

You look great, little pregnant Kimmy! I guess when you're pocket-sized to begin with, that baby has nowhere to hide.

I'm not getting a "feeling" yet whether or not you're having a girl or a boy. I'll try to guess before your ultrasound...

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 8/15/2007 4:58 PM  

You look so flippin cute Kim, and your sister-in-law is right, about the pocket size comment! I'm predicting a boy, but hoping for a girl, but will make do with healthy! (; Loving the updates, keep 'em coming!!

Marmie 8/23/2007 4:26 PM  

Have you felt any butterflies, YET?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP