Friday, August 03, 2007

Survival of Another Doctor's Visit

This morning we went to our third prenatal appointment with the doctor. Overall, I don't mind going to these appointments - we get to listen to the baby's heartbeat, and we get to get out of work for a couple of hours for a legitimate reason. However, I also find these appointments incredibly nervewracking. Like...how it took the nurse what seemed like ten minutes to find the baby's heartbeat. In actuality, it probably only took her 30 seconds, but her saying, "Where is it? Where is it?" repeatedly freaked me out more than just a little bit. Then, I got the pleasure of having more blood drawn....and we all know how much I love needles and blood. And, the lady didn't use a baby needle on me like the other lady did the last time. Bitch.

Everything was fine, though - Baby Neener's heart is still a-poundin', my tinkle sample was tested and is "normal," my uterus was measured and it's of "normal" size and proportion, I haven't blimped up (YET - I weighed exactly the same as last time, but my doctor didn't seem concerned about it - my luck I'll pack on 20 pounds in the next four weeks), and we scheduled our next appointment - the big one, the ULTRASOUND. I hadn't been aware of this, but nowadays you can bring in a blank DVD and they'll actually record the ultrasound for you - how cool! We are soooooo looking forward to this visit, we can hardly stand it. Although, this will be the moment of truth - whether Baby Neener does, in fact, have a leg growing out of the side of its head.

4 comments:

Marmie 8/05/2007 2:46 PM  

Did the doc say how many heart beats he heard and from how many sources?

Kim 8/05/2007 6:11 PM  

Hardy har, Maryann! Wishful thinking! :)

The Daily Squink 8/07/2007 9:10 AM  

What a darling little baby belly! You are looking great, Kim!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home 8/10/2007 9:50 PM  

I'm with your mom-in-law, twins, twins, twins!! Is it bad I hope baby Duncan is actually baby Kimmie Jr? You look awesome Kim!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP