Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Little Nervous and a Lot Excited

I can't remember the last time, if ever, I felt this strange mix of emotions that I'm feeling this evening as I await going to my ultrasound tomorrow morning. It's kind of like the excitement I feel on Christmas Eve, mixed with the anxiety I used to feel on the day before the first day of school after summer break, peppered in with a little dread which I feel before any doctor's visit.

Good grief - how crazy am I going to feel when I start going into labor?!

I can't express the impatience I've had since the moment I found out I was pregnant. On the one hand, I want to know EVERYTHING, and I want to know it RIGHT NOW - I want to know the gender; his/her name; his/her personality; his/her interests; his/her career choice; his/her spouse; his/her children. On the other hand, I'm actually a little sad that this pregnancy is going by so quickly and it's already time to find out the gender (even though there for awhile I thought I'd be stuck in my first trimester FOREVER). Yes, yes, I know - I could just let the anticipation linger a bit longer and wait until the delivery, but I think it's important for us to find out so we can prepare for Baby Neener as best as we can. I realize it sounds ridiculous to say this while my baby is still in the womb, but I can't help but feel like he/she is already growing up way too quickly. Gosh, I mean, it seems like just yesterday Baby Neener was just a tiny Embryo Neener! And then, of course, beneath those feelings I'm worried they will find something wrong with the baby tomorrow.

To top it all off? I have to try to remember to give myself a cut-off time early tomorrow morning after which I cannot tinkle, as I have been sternly instructed to arrive with a FULL bladder for the ultrasound.

I feel like 8:45 a.m. is about a million years away right now and I can't decide if I want it to hurry up and fly by or if I want to savor the waiting period for as long as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8/30/2007 9:58 PM  

I say savor every single moment...cherish it, record it, take pictures of it, remember it. Because time does fly by...five years later though it still feels like yesterday that Wyatt was just a litte fetus in my tummy. I am so happy for you and I am sure that everything is fine with the Neener child.

Dawn 8/30/2007 10:21 PM  

It is like Christmas. You will be anxious right up until the moment they tell you the sex. Of course, during my first ultrasound, she showed me every part of the body before revealing the girl parts. It seemed like I waited hours.

If you are working all day tomorrow, you will have to send out a mass email with the news so that the rest of us do not have to wait all day!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP