Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My First Adult Snow Day

It's unbelievable. At 6:30 this morning, I received a phone call from my boss stating that, due to the weather, he was closing the office. This is a huge deal to me; I work for a very large insurance company that prides itself in never closing. Just last year, in fact, I was riding up the elevator with a woman who said she'd worked there for seventeen years and they'd never closed the office once since she'd been working there. I was so excited I couldn't even go back to sleep. Well, not for like at least another 15 minutes.

On top of that, we were watching tv in bed and saw that we've now been bumped up to a blizzard warning. A BLIZZARD! My very first blizzard, and my first snow day since high school. Today is a good day. Especially for my blog, seeing as I doubt I'll have anything better to do while sitting on my snowed-in butt.

Since we live in a townhouse, we don't have a yard, and since we live in a new subdivision, we really don't have any nice scenery of which to take pictures. Perhaps when (read: IF) I get dressed, I'll venture out in my huge marshmallow coat and pink boots and find a pretty snow capped evergreen or something. Until then, here's a breathtaking shot of our back patio, which now looks more like a giant bucket of snow, and a shot of one of our bushes next to the snow, so you can get an idea of the depth we have so far. It's still coming down pretty hard (it's supposed to keep snowing until this evening) and it's getting pretty damn windy.

Come on, Old Man Winter, keep it coming...mama wants another snow day tomorrow...


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP